How much does it cost to live in Stonegate?
ROC members decide when the rent needs to be raised and by how much.
- Each member household pays two charges. The first is the lot rent that is collected monthly to pay for operating expenses like taxes, insurance, trash collection and the community's mortgage payments.
- The second charge is the one-time membership fee. Once a member has paid the membership fee, he or she only pays lot rent.
- The current lot rent is $350 per month and includes water, sewer and trash collection.
- The one-time refundable membership fee is $200 per household.
- Before the homeowners bought Stonegate Cooperative, we had regular increases to our monthly rent. Since September 2012, when we became resident-owned, rent has remained the same.
- Stonegate Cooperative charges a non-refundable application fee of $25 per adult living in the household. Find an application here.